Old November 13th, 2003, 08:19 PM
USC

Default A visit to the Myanmar National Military Museum

well-publicized WWII UK-US cemetery and memorial to the international
war dead...

Was that in Rangoon, or were you referring to the War Memorial
Cemetery midway between Rangoon and Bago?

I found that the soldiers loved having their pictures taken and would

group together in outlandish poses and ham-it-up...

I guess I was mislead about photographing soldiers by the warning in a
travel book I read (a warning re-iterated by relatives back
there...along with the one about not knowing who on the street might
really be 'M.I.' - military intelligence). If I would have known it
was possible, I would have also taken a photo of the soldier in the
exhibition hall with the odd-looking Burmese knock-off of the Uzi.
From the looks of it when old M1 carbines die, instead of going to
Heaven they go to the streets Rangoon and end up in the hands of the
new recruits.

USC