Old April 22nd, 2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default NY TIMES: The Humble Valujet No More

The DC-9s

By phasing-out those old planes and phasing-in the new 7117 (?),
they've sorta overcome my resistance/reluctance/fear.

Less than 10 years ago we flew ATL to MIDWAY/Chicago, a bargain fare of
$59 (?) one way in a DC-9.

We sat toward the rear, and some rackety noise of an old part(s) did
worry me.

Please tell me they're not cutting corners by using low bidders to
maintain the 7117s too.

I also now recall a post-crash expert commenting on National Public
Radio (after a crash) about complex wiring being relatively difficult
to repair in the old DC-9 (I think it was).