Old May 28th, 2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Mr. R

Default Costa Rica Vacation plan in late June and early July

I agree with Nick and Judy. Although Costa Rica, by Central America
standards, is safe and prosperous, the roads can get a little tricky in bad
weather ... particularly the secondary roads.

As for package vacations, I wish more people would only use them in
exceptional circumstances. There are so many excellent resources (travel
books, Internet, etc.) where a great trip can be planned. Not only is it
cheaper ... it's just more fun, and it's the difference between a traveler
and a tourist.

"Nick and Judy" wrote in message
et...
A package is not necessary. Allow extra time if you are renting a car,
because what may look like a short distance mileage-wise will take longer
depending on road conditions. Luckily it should be dry that time of year.
Do not miss the canopy tour in Monteverde, worth every penny! Beautiful
country

"AA" wrote in message
We are a family of two adults and three kids : 12, 11, and 3. We are
exploring
a trip to Costa Rica. Do we really have to buy a package? We'd rather
not
to save some money and be able to do extra activities and/or stay in
better
accommodations. Any recommendations
thanks
AL