Old July 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Thumper

Default 39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:25:10 -0700, George Graves
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 20:11:00 -0700, Matthew L. Martin wrote
(in article ):

George Graves wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 19:03:32 -0700, Sparrow wrote (in article
om):

Read all about it, he http://Muvy.org

OK, I'm all for it. What are the charges? Remember, these have to be
legitimate charges, instances where he broke US law.

That is not what the US Constitution says. It says:

the President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United
States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and
conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and
misdemeanors.”

"high crimes and misdemeanors" means whatever a majority of the House of
Representatives says it means (See: impeachment of Bill Clinton).

I'm not going to get sucked-in to this argument again, but Clinton was
impeached because he committed perjury before a grand jury -

No he didn't.

a felony in
every court in the country. The part that shows that this system works is
that the impeachment failed because of the extenuating circumstances.

He was found NOT GUILTY!
Thumper