Old November 21st, 2011, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default Flying With Little Children? Go to the Back of the Plane

Ablang wrote:

Flying With Little Children? Go to the Back of the Plane

Babies should be put in the overhead compartment as far as I'm
concerned.

Babies on airplanes. It's enough to make parents — and all the
passengers around them—cry.

Not from what I've seen. Parents seem oblivious when their babies make
gawd-awful noises.

Most airlines are now seating parents with babies in the back of
the plane.

It's only taken them what - 40 years to figure that out?

Parents are complaining of airline seating policies that create
"baby ghettos" in the back of planes.

What's wrong with that? Why should they complain?

Michael Lyon booked seats for a trip to Bangkok But when he
checked in, all three had been split up, and his 6-year-old
son was moved to the back of the wide-body plane by himself
for the 13-hour trip.

Why would anyone want to take a 6-year-old on a 13-hour trip to
Thailand?

"I feel like it's discrimination against families. For us, it is not
an option to not be by my 2-year-old," she said.

Flying with a 2-year-old is a crime against "real" flyers.