Old September 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Retired

"mag3" wrote in message
Trip Report - Singapore / Malaysia 08/2004 - 09/2004

While in transit from SIN to KUL, I stayed at the Ambassador Transit Hotel

in terminal 1,
Changi Airport. For what it was, it was quite nice. A 6 hour rest for

about US$35.00 in a
clean comfortable and quiet room. The only thing about it was, NO WINDOWS

IN THE ROOM!!!!!!
Because, the hotel is inside the airport building I don't think any of the

rooms have
windows that I could see. I'll have to ask next time. Nonetheless, there's

a pool and
health spa etc etc.If you have more than a 6 hour layover (or overnight),

it's great. A
little "Motel 6"ish, but great for what it does.

................................................. ..........................

Quote from ABTN issue of 06SEP 2004

AIR & BUSINESS TRAVEL NEWS

A WEEKLY NEWS REVIEW PUBLISHED EVERY MONDAY
PO Box 1315, Potters Bar, Herts EN6 1PU, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1707 665454
All enquiries:

This email can also be viewed, with photos, on
http://www.abtn.co.uk

CHANGI Singapore Airport seems to always be winning the awards for the
best airport. That is debatable and ABTN can quote some that are
arguably slightly better in some respects, but the airport is easily
the finest when it comes to pro-active PR and ideas. Changi's latest
press release concerns "The Budget Traveller's Guide to Sleeping in
Airports" which for the eighth consecutive year has voted Changi the
best. The airport's two passenger terminals have five designated areas
that provide free rest facilities. There are nearly 60 reclining
snooze chairs around the two terminals of the airport that can be used
by any traveller. Some are even fitted with vibrating alarm clocks to
wake the traveller in time for his flight. There are also massage
chairs where you can soothe your weary body. Aside from these free
facilities, travellers can also drop in at the two transit hotels
which also offer shower facilities, a swimming pool and a jacuzzi.
Travellers who do not need a room can get their rest in private bunks
at the Plaza Premium Lounge and the Rainforest Lounges and there are
200 free Internet terminals plus 100 retail shops. It seems better
than the destination. http://www.sleepinginairports.net/bestof.htm

unquote

retired/uk.