Old August 31st, 2004, 02:17 AM
Larry

George Bozovic wrote:
Hi,

I am from the US and will be living in the UK for at least the next

12
months. I read that the US credit card companies such as First USA

and
Citibank now charge a 2-3% fee for all foreign currency transactions.

I also heard that Capital One doesn't charge a fee (except the
standard 1% VISA fee). Does anyone know of the banks that do not
charge a fee for foreign currency exchange?

Thank you,
George

MBNA America doesn't charge a fee. I use it exclusively when traveling
outside of the US. Their exchange rate is within a few basis points of
the posted exchange rate in the WSJ each day.

Larry