Old July 15th, 2006, 08:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

Default crybaby employee types whine about jobs they voluntarily took...

wrote in message
ups.com...

mrtravel wrote:
wrote:

When I started work in the US I had 10 days vacation per year. I
started in February, so my employer told me that I was entitled to

zero
days for the first year, as I wouldn't have worked a full calendar

year
by Dec 31. However, they said they'd be generous and let me BORROW 5
days from the following year, so the first 23 months I worked I had 5
days vacation a year.

Still - we all envy Americans, right?

Well, you are the one that agreed to work with 10 vacation days off in
23 months.

I was young and needed a job. I foolishly imagined that the fine print
in a contract with the world's largest corporation would be free of
slavery clauses. It was an educational experience.

If you crybabies think that being an employee sucks so badly, how about
going into business for yourself? You seem to think employers have it so
easy, so why not jump on the bandwagon?