Old August 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM posted to alt.rec.camping,alt.rv,alt.travel.canada,rec.outdoors.rv-travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Watch out for Credit Card fees when travelling to Canada

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:42:53 -0700, Ken Harrison
wrote:

MI wrote:

A number of years ago, I took Bank of America Travelers Cheques to a Bank of
America in San Francisco. They didn't want to take them and when I persisted
they charged me a fee. Can't remember what it was---a couple of bucks I
think.

The price of doing business with Bank of America is doing business with
Bank of America. Was it any better when it was Bank of Italy?

kh

Very much so!!! I left the "Bank of Italy" over forty years ago when
they refused to cash a government check because my account was not in
that branch. I went to the Bank of Ft Sam Houston which was renown
for its service to military. Never had a problem though all was done
by either phone or mail. Unfortunately the Bank of Ft Sam was bought
up by Republic Bank of Texas which promptly went belly up. The
proceeds were taken over by the Bank of North Carolina that changed
its name to Nations Bank. Then Nations Bank bought out Bank of America
and I found myself bank with the one I had left so many years ago.
Since the name, Bank of America, was better known than Nations Bank,
the new owners chose to retain that name for all operations.

Two things that were good. First, through all the transitions, the
parent bank kept their hands off Ft. Sam and left them to operate as
they had been. The only change that I saw in my service was that it
was now the "military branch of the Bank of America". One other
difference is that we can go into any Branch of BoA and cash checks,
etc with no problems, in fact they all have much more courtesy than
before.

George