Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Louise Bremner

David wrote:

In (abcd)
writes:

Thanks very much everyone for your answers.

I'm flying into Narita because that's what I was instructed to do.
Erroneously apparently... Anyway the flight is confirmed and payed for
by now so there's not much I can do. My working days in Kyoto will be
full-time, so I'll have no time for anything else. But I'll spend some
additional days there after the meetings.

Narita express is 75 minutes to downtown, Skyliner is a bit slower but
cheaper, best choice probably depends on where you're staying in Tokyo.

Kyoto.... The Skyliner ends up in an out-of-the-way station at Ueno.

Digicams in Akihabara are probably cheaper than Europe, especially if you
shop around and haggle. Make sure you get one that has English menus,
and TV out that matches your TV system.

So far as I know, major digicam manufacturers include English as a
choice in the menus, and have at least PAL/NTSC choices. They also have
the English manuals available, either behind the counter at the store or
by download (well, Canon does, so I assume others would too).

Here's the model I think you want at Yodobashi (huge camera store) for
Y40,300, you can probably do better than that.

http://www.yodobashi.com/enjoy/more/i/22576688.html

If the OP doesn't want to take the 15% points at Yodobashi (he'd have to
wait until the next day to use them) and feels like living dangerously,
this might be more useful:

http://tinyurl.com/3zty5

Or:
http://www.kakaku.com/prdsearch/deta...MakerCD=58&Pro
duct=COOLPIX+5200#ShopRanking

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!