Old March 9th, 2010, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Noro on Celebrity Mercury

In article ,
Brian K wrote:

Kurt Ullman plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 3/7/2010
6:55 PM:
In ,
Brian wrote:

This has been a new development since that big "mad cow" scare. I grew
up eating rare hamburgers with the meat almost red in the center and
juices a lovely pink. Burgers without some pink just don't taste good.
They taste like sawdust.

Actually e coli. Prion diseases (such as mad cow) aren't inactivated
by heat at cooking temps. The reasons to cook meat is largely related
to bacterial concerns.

Many of the chains, Applebey's, Fridays, Bennigans, Chilli's only
restriction is they won't cook a burger rare. They will cook a burger:
medium rare, medium well, and well done. I frequently eat at
Applebey's, Charlie Browns and Chilli's. Neither has resulted in any
kind of sickness. The only time I had an experience of food poisoning
was at The Office ( local chain?). The entree was Fish and Chips.

Which has anything to do the topic at hand how? Those same chains
also include the Board of Health required warning that undercooked meats
are a health hazard. It is still bacterial (specifically e coli) hazards
and not prion (mad cow) that is the safety concern.

--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars