Old January 6th, 2005, 05:18 PM

HangZhou seems to provide some nice scenic spots for family travels,
though when I was there, there were many couples spending their
honeymoon or at least shooting their wedding photos there.

One of the weirdest experiences I had there is when I about to land
there. The scenery outside seems to be surreal, it looked as if I was
looking at a bunch of toy houses at a toy town.

I would also recommend BeiJing, considering that it's the capital and
there are a lot of interesting spots there.

I don't know though if your kids might like BeiJing, but hey, at least
your kids can later on brag to their friends about them already visited
the Great Wall, TianMen Square, Summer's Palace, and so on. The Ming
Tombs is definetly NOT recommended for kids, it probably will bore your
kids to death, unless they want to brag to their friends that they have
visited the tombs.

I don't know if ShangHai and Hong Kong would be suited for kids. There
might some interesting places there though.

For example, Hong Kong has a nice Science museum and also as Space
museum where kids can play. There's also a nice ocean themed park at
the southern part of Hong Kong island. And of course, Hong Kong the
future home of Asia Disneyland, which I think will open sometime in
2006.

And of course, ShangHai got the only commercially operated MagLev in
the world. Again, something to brag to their friends that they travel
around 400 km/h at a levitated train.

For your wife, if she likes Jade and Silk, I recommend visiting the
Bona Jade store at BeiJing and the silk factories at SuZhou.

Best time to travel in China is at autumn, in other words, wait around
a year.