Old April 21st, 2010, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jimmy

Default Late picking up a rental car?

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:
The issue that I posed, just in case you miss it, has nothing to do with
whether or not I know the answer. *Instead, the issue is why you turn to us
here for an answer rather than to the Alamo folks, given that you are most
interested in Alamo. *

Companies often have unofficial grace periods and other customer
courtesies that aren't part of their published rules. For example,
people have discussed Southwest's flat tire rule, where if you arrive
less than 2 hours late for a flight for a good reason, they'll let you
take the next flight at no extra cost, even though the rules state
otherwise.

It's quite possible that the people who answer the 800 number will say
something is forbidden, when in fact the employees on the ground allow
it.

That's why I'm interested in people's first-hand experience. In fact,
two other posters *did* have just the information I was looking for,
so asking this question here was a good idea.

Happy trolling,
Jimmy