Old May 21st, 2004, 02:09 PM
Cruising Chrissy

Default Polarizing ships, innocuous ships

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:23:54 GMT, Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Not just the cruise but the ships that are most polarizing are most
likely most, if not all, Carnival ships.

What the hell is polarizing?

You

LOL

I was thinking of how some people either love or hate the ship, very
strong positive or negative reactions. Some ships most like, some most
dislike. Some ships have qualities that bring out strong reactions, pro
or con.

This polarizing thing is contradictory to a mass marketing scheme. You
would think that CCL would attempt to find a more overall pleasing
approach.

Is it the "look and feel" of the ships that you believe is polarizing?
Here, I would agree.

Then again, Las Vegas sells; glitz, shiny shinies, sort of a relaxed
LSD experience.

I keep wondering what does this say about Americans in particular. Are
we basically a middle class(less) group who are driven by flashiness
and eye candy and sound bites?

What the hell am I thinking of.

Of course we are. Can you say General Hospital?