Old June 29th, 2009, 03:22 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

Default planning a month is Oz

"Hiram" wrote in message
Rudy,

Thanks for the tips. I will enquire about car insurance this end, never
really thought about doing that. I will check with my VISA card supplied
and see what deals they have.

Not sure they sell fly swatters here either to be honest, this is a cold
country.

Try cars from www.driveaway.com.au They have an insurance excess waiver
plan at $5 a day. I've found them considerably cheaper than going direct to
the major companies and with more inclusions such as second driver and
airport hire surcharge at no extra cost. Have used them for world-wide car
hire.

Use bank ATMs for your money, some of the ones found in clubs, stores etc
may charge an extra fee.

As far as fly-swats go, you can buy them at virtually any supermarket. And
for sand flies, mosquitos and the like the local product Aeroguard does the
trick.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia