Old November 29th, 2015, 08:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Happy.Hobo

Default Milan to Bucharest by train?

On 11-29-2015 13:25, tim..... wrote:
The simplest option is two overnight through trains, Milano - Wien one
night and Wien - Bucuresti a following night. Both are available using
"global pricing" (which means a single fare including on board
accommodation), though I suspect that won't meet the OP's request for
the cheapest solution

Sorry I wasn't clear. Indeed, I don't want to spend a LOT but there are
other factors than price. Even the bus is not out of the question, nor
the flight. But the train, with a tourist stop along the way is an
experience that appeals to me. Night train would save money, but
eyeballing the country along the way is worth the cost of a night's
lodging (under €25 is pretty easy to find).

So, I was really fishing for suggestions from folks familiar with
different routes and locations.

I'm actually starting in Spain, but I couldn't find a site that was able
to compute the entire route. So I picked Milan for my first stop.