Old March 4th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Keith Willshaw

Default Heathrow Hotels?

"Ronald Hands" wrote in message
We've just discovered that our trip through Heathrow on May 1 is
going to involve a six-hour layover -- after an overnight flight --
before continuing on to Athens.
Our travel agent suggested, probably because of our advanced age,
that we might want to book into a hotel for a few hours. Are there
any hotels right in the airport at Heathrow, or adjacent, similar to
the Hilton at the Rome airport?
Or any others close by anyone would care to recommend?

There are no hotels actually in the airport terminal and 6 hours
isnt actually very long. To use a hotel you'd have to go through
the UK entrance formalities and then allow time to check back in
through security

A better option may be to pay to use one of the private lounges
at Heathrow. The Servisair lounge can be used for a fee of
around £16 per person

http://www.executivelounges.com/

Keith