Old March 16th, 2009, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate[_2_]

Default Cooktown - how long?

Depends!

The Cooktown Museum is excellent. Professionally curated and located in the
old 19th century Convent - itself a fine building.

There are a number of 'tours' available to nearby Hopevale to sample
aboriginal life and culture (most conducted by aboriginals).

Fishing is an option - some excellent reef, estuary and 'game' fishing
thereabouts.

Personally I'd recommend 2 or 3 nights; except if you are following a
specific interest.

"Kerry raymond" wrote in message
Has anyone been to Cooktown? If so, how long would you suggest? We are
interested in history, but happy to be interested in whatever else is on
offer?

Kerry