Old February 5th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Larry

TomCAt wrote:
Stay in Secaucas, NJ

Good hotels, motels ... cheap prices ....... and a $2 bus ride to

Times
Square.

Bad advice. While Secaucus is close, that bus ride can take an hour or
more during rush hour(6AM to 10AM, 4 PM to 8 PM), and it doesn't run
all that frequently. Unless you are on a really tight budget there's no
point in wasting your valuable holiday time spending a couple of hours
a day on a bus. Even if you are on a tight budget you can find
comparably priced hotels in Manhattan.

There ARE hotels in NJ that are convenient to NYC, but they generally
tend to be as expensive as comparable hotels in the city. And even
then, you are still losing up to an hour a day.

Yes, I live in NJ, not far from Secaucus, and I work in Manhattan. It
ain't fun.

Larry