Old September 22nd, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Janet Wilder

Default Electricity Question

Alan S wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:47:28 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

AlmostBob wrote:
Hi Janet
Am an Aussie living in Canada
Just about every department store in Aus sells the same alkaline
rechargeable battery kit with a 240V charger and 4/8 batteries
Grandcell is one brandname.
brought my batteries with me, and brought a WalMart "Pure Energy" charger
kit, now have twice as many batteries and a charger for each continent, $20

watch for dropbears

thanks, what's a "dropbear"

Well, first you have to try to come to terms with the
concept that Bundaberg Rum, a product of our canefields,
uses a Polar Bear in it's advertising. An animal that is
never seen here outside a zoo:-)

Then you have to accept that the bear acts like a human
being in the ads. Just a couple of leaps of logic.

Then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULEQpUY_crc

That was cute! I will definitely watch out for the "dropbears"

BTW, do they dropbears come with the good looking young men? g

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation