Old September 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
fairplay

Pan wrote:

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:39:21 -0500, fairplay
wrote:

Pan wrote:

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:24:19 +0100, "Elaine"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
.com...

By the way, my wife also told me that I shouldn't use the credit card,
even in Sungei Wang or BB Plaza because people might copy the data on it
and create a copy. I've never had a fraud case in these past 15 years,
but should I perhaps be careful and only use the credit card in big and
"established" places ?

I had my card cloned whilst in Malaysia in April. I only used it 3 times -
at KLIA Duty Free, at the Royal Selangor factory shop and in a "big"
department store in Kota Kinabalu. I'm guessing it happened in the last
one, but can't be sure.

That happened to me too. After my trip to Malaysia in July-August
2003, someone cloned my debit card and maxed out my account taking a
trip to Songkhla. I got the money back, but had no money in my account
for a week and then my bank wouldn't issue another debit card. I
finally got a new account but don't plan on taking a debit card next
time I'm in Malaysia.

What bank do you use? Should not take more than 48 hrs to replace funds..

They had to wait for the charges to "hit" before refunding them. It
was a pretty small bank, but when I opened a new account at a very
large bank, the teller told me that the same thing would have happened
there under the same circumstances.

Check out : http://www.bankofamerica.com/ 1.800.900.9000 toll free

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.