Old September 27th, 2004, 10:50 AM
SemanKilat

Definitely Malaysian you are indeed.

"Samantha" wrote in message
: Hi Alfred,
:
: I'm Malaysian and has been staying here for 28 years peacefully. Of course
: there is a crime but not only in Malaysia and of course in every where in
: this world. We used to hear that about the rumors in the web-press which
is
: totally untrue and sometime they (the reporters) purposely make the
stories
: even to the worst scenario which is totally ridicules.
:
: Not to worry, Malaysian is still a safe country with three main races,
: Malay, Indian & Chinese staying together so far and we hope to leave here
: peacefully forever. Things that your wife heard might be normal for all
the
: countries (what I mean thefts are every where) just have to be alert and
: careful.
:
: I do travel to overseas even backpacking and seeing nothing like Malaysian
: where we have a few races, few language and few religious, I even married
: different race.
:
: Hope this info help you.
:
:
:
:
:
: "Alfred Molon" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi,
:
: we are flying to KL in December. My Malaysian wife who routinely reads
: the news in chinapress.com.my keeps telling me that the security
: situation in KL has worsened substantially over the last few years.
:
: When I'm in KL I'm used to go to the Citibank branch in Jalan Ampang
: even late at night and get larger amounts of cash from the ATM. Now my
: wife insists that I stop doing that, because she read stories that
: people will wait near the ATM, then follow people who took larger
: amounts of cash to steal it from them. She also told me that if you stop
: with your car at the red traffic light, it can happen that somebody will
: open the car door, threaten you with a knife and steal your money. And
: so on.
:
: All this makes me wonder if the security situation in KL has really
: deteriorated so much...?
: --
:
: Alfred Molon
:
: http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
: Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Prague,
: Budapest and Portugal
:
:

---