Old August 9th, 2011, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_2_]

Default body scanners in European airports

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:56:10 -0500, Dan Stephenson
wrote:

My plans were to visit Europe again in October, but it has come to my
attention that the use of those body scanners has become common since
the attempted bombing of that flight to Detroit last Christmas 2009.
My last flight was prior to that.

So I called the Athens airport and spoke to their security people who
said that they had the scanners and their use was required, and
furthermore that this was to be found in the other airports in Europe.

This sounds incredible but it is plausible. Can anyone confirm this at
your local big airport? My googling only turned up EU regular that
"permitted" the scanners and a lot of talk of health issues. But that
is all.

I can't speak about all of Europe, but I flew out of Athens a couple
of months ago. I didn't go through a body scanner.

But if I had had to, I wouldn't have worried a whole lot about it.

--
Ken Blake