Old November 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Liz

In message
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

Liz,

couldn't reach you by mail. Please see my message near the end
of this one.

Hahahaha - not contactable at .co.uk.
ISP from Hell!
I haven't been able to get mail in to there for months.
(Suits me, I was getting over 2000 spams a day at one time.)
So I use that addy to post to Usenet.
(Sorry)
While trying (so far unsuccessfully) to get the isptag changed to my new
ISP.

There seems to be an endless loop when one gets to the birds of
prey. Clicking on MORE gets me to birds, clicking on MORE again
gets me back to birds of prey and so on, endlessly. Perhaps one
of these links doesn't point in the right direction.

I think that's a 'feature' (sort-of).
I'd envisioned a birder somehow landing on one or other of the pages and
maybe would be interested in the other. That of course does give a dead end
'loop'.

If you start at the beginning and click through all the "more's" (you *must*
be on braodband!), avoiding the side-tracks, these two pages are the 'end of
the line'.
You're right, though, I should think of a different way to label these two
pages so's not to frustrate visitors.

Which is a pity, because I'd like to see even more of your
photos. (:-)

Sooky git!!!
(I know, I know, you were being tactful.

[OT]
Don't know when I'll get any more Kenya stuff up.
I've been trying to put together some more Galapagos stuff recently, but
I've got into a problem of not being able to make pics look OK on each of my
two systems, so nothing has gone 'up' for a while.
Before now, I just did the pics here and too bad for everyone else ('here'
is 800x600 16 bit and a different gamma and screen res than Windows has.
I've got a hi-res monitor on the pc, which seems to leave pix looking
'over-sharpened' here.)

Once I get that sorted out, I might scan more of my Kenya slides and put
them up, or re-scan some of the ones that look 'weird' on Windows. (Some of
them I haven't rescanned since I originally did them on a cheap flatbed
adaptor before I had a film scanner.)

Don't hold your breath: D. keeps reminding me I'm way behind on his site too.

Maybe I'll get back to Kenya one day and have more of an incentive. :-/

Slainte

Liz
--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos