Old November 27th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Liz

In message
Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

How would I solve that? Ideally you could make it an endless
loop by pointing to the first page from the last, and you could
also provide a link to go back to the previous page. Us
programmers call this a double-linked list. (:-)

I actually have a link on both of the bird pages to the first page (labelled
'info'). I can see the problem is the 'more' label, and am thinking about it
as I write. First I had to see if I could find a blank button to write on,
but I have.

Keep going! I'm planning to go to Kenya again in May, hoping
that it won't be too wet in Maasai Mara at the end of May. Have
you ever been to Lewa or any other places in the area, like
north of Swee****ers? There are some ranches there that have
wildlife. I think I'm getting ready to devoting some time to
finding African hunting dogs. As you can see, I'm aiming for the
difficult ones now.

I've been to Lewa very briefly (for lunch - it's really out of my budget!)
and have heard about the ranches in that area but haven't visited. The ones
I know about all seem pretty expensive.

I didn't know there were hunting dogs in that area. The last I heard, they
were almost totally extirpated from Kenya, but I'm sure if any wandered into
a reserve or private game ranch, they'd be made more than welcome because of
visitor interest. But your info is usually more up-to-date.

I've only seen them in Selous, which is the most regular place in EA to see
them, but even there, sightings aren't guaranteed. There was also great
excitement on that trip because four hunting dogs had been seen in Tarangire
only a week or two before we visited. That was back in '98.

Failing that, there's now a pack in Edinburgh Zoo :-/

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos