Old June 12th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On 12 Jun 2005 09:41:29 -0700, wrote:

Jason Wakeford wrote:
Hi there

I am flying into Bari airport in southern Italy early next month and then
taking the overnight ferry to Dubrovnik.

The plane lands about midday but we've got until 10pm that day until the
boat leaves. Is there anything to do in Bari? I believe it's not the nicest
of places, with a lot of crime. Can we take a short train journey to
somewhere nice with some nice places to eat/beach maybe?

Any tips would be gratefully received!

Thanks for your help
Jason

I haven't been there for years, but I do know Bari is in Puglia, home
of buratta cheese, which is very hard to find in the rest of Italy.
Domestic versions can be found in the US, but because it is so delicate
& short-lived, the Italian brands that are so much better rarely make
it across. It is totally delicious in salads, with pasta, antipasto,
etc - like a fresh mozzarella ball filled with thick cream - I love it
with tomatoes, basil, olive oil & balsamic, but I'm sure they have many
dishes with it there.

Godamn, you are right there!!!

Buy some of that cheese and have it with Puglian bread and some good
olive oil. Wine to go with it of course.

Utter magic!
--
---
DFM -