Old January 4th, 2011, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

Default 1 week tour from San Diego: recommendations?

On Jan 2, 8:41*am, Terry Pinnell wrote:
I'm flying from London to visit my son in Carlsbad, San Diego on February
17th. He will no doubt take me to many of the San Diego tourist spots
during the next 4 days. But then for a week I plan to hire a car and see
as much as I can on my own. So any recommendations for possible practical
itineraries would be much appreciated please. I don't mind driving a
hundred or two miles a day.

Ideally I'd like to cover new ground, so here's a list of places I've
visited on a previous USA trip in 1997:

San Francisco
LA
Yosemite
Death Valley
Las Vegas
Bryce Canyon
Zion
Grand Canyon (but if possible would love to see it again!)
Sedona

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

You may want to drive up Hwy 1 north of Los Angeles to the wine
country near Santa Barbara. Yosemite is nice of course but you may
run into snow in the mountains. Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, and Sedona
is a relatively long drive away and will take your whole week to
explore. Snow again can be an issue.