Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
William Black

Default 2 day visit to Mumbai

waitressvn wrote:
Hi
My husband and I will be arriving in Mumbai at 11:45pm. What is the best
and safest way for us to get to our hotel in Churchgate at that time of
the night? Can someone also please suggest places for us to visit on our
2 day trip and also how do we get to these places? We want to see as
much as we can so a hectic pace is no problem. Thanks for your help.

Assuming you're flying in from abroad:

Contact your hotel and ask them if they run an airport shuttle service.

If they do then they'll meet you at the main aitport exit door, be
aware that the area is always packed with drivers waving bits of paper
with names on them.

If they don't then there's a pre pay taxi booth inside the airport,
just pay for a cab there and they'll tell you where to find your taxi.

Two kinds of taxi, 'cool cabs' are air conditioned and are painted blue
and silver, and ordinary cabs, painted black and yellow.

DON'T walk out of the international terminal and start looking for a
cab, beware of touts who want to help with your luggage, put on some
anti mosquito stuff before you leave the airport, Mumbai International
is a mosquito trap.

Lots to do in two days, walking around Fort looking at the shops and
Crawford Market will take a day. Gateway to India, Chowpatty Beach,
Bandra is a bit far from Churchgate though. A meal at Gaylords in
Churchgate is fun.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.