Old April 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne[_2_]

Default So who's made an effort ...

Tom P wrote:

On 04/15/2013 06:18 PM, David Horne wrote:

[]
I didn't start learning Spanish until my mid 20s as my partner is
Peruvian. I wouldn't say I'm 100% fluent but I'm told that I speak it
very well, and with a pretty good Limeņo accent! Probably no surprise as
I've learned most of it by listening and practising.

Great stuff! Monica, my Spanish teacher, is from Peru.

Meant to add- Peruvians have a reputation for some of the clearest
Spanish in Latin America. While it's a reputation they promote, IME
other Latin Americans have agreed...

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"[Do you think the world learned anything from the first
world war?] No. They never learn." -Harry Patch (1898-2009)