Old September 20th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Gerry Scott-Moore

Default Noise cancellers (Was: Tokyo with a Very Young Child)

In article , PTRAVEL
wrote:

A friend bought them and tried to proselytize to validate his
purchase. But after demo'ing his at home I couldn't see my way
clear.

Were they the IIs or the original? My Sonys out-performed the
original Bose QuietComfort phones. The new ones, though, are really
quite nice.

After buzzing the website I'm pretty sure they are teh QC 2's. They
were part of a promo only a few months back and they cost, as indicated
at the website a discounted version of $300. Yikes. Damned
comfortable though. One of my problems with headsets is that after 2-3
hours they really begin to hurt the outer-ear unless they are the kind
that fit completely around the outside. That did not seem to be the
case with this set.

--
///---