Old June 14th, 2004, 12:36 PM
catchmerevisited

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

in article , Go Fig at wrote
on 6/13/04 11:36 AM:

While not too comprehensive, the UK travel web site, who actually
conducted a poll among this group you mention... rated U.S. travelers
among the best in the world... and above Canadians.

jay
Sun Jun 13, 2004

probably b/c of the $$$$ the US brings in, and the favorable rate of
exchange. Further I note Americans generally tip heavier- to make up for
their obnoxious behaviour?
Economically, tourist resorts around the world prefer Americans- but in the
interior may be another matter.
For instance- in Vancouver BC an American is well regarded indeed at all the
swanky hotels; further inland, say Langley and a European or
Ausi/NewZealander looking to explore our Culture will likely be given a
guided tour, informed of best places to visit, and make new pen pals.
(Americans despite travelling through to get back to the border, seldom stop
in the smaller cities in SouthWest BC unless they have friends or relatives
in the area).