Old October 13th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Jan

Default Raffles hotel in Singapore

snip
Have to agree about the Long Bar - hugely overpriced, but you get free
peanuts (there's a large bowl of them on each table, and the tradition
is that you break them open and throw the shells onto the floor) and
the satay's very good. A Singapore Sling will set you back S$16.

At least the price hasn't gone up on 6 years !!
We were there in 1997 a Sling was $16 and a lager $9.50, with tax it
totalled $29.16.
When we first walked on the bar and started "crunching" as we walked, we
both remarked on the lack of cleanliness!! not realising at that it was
tradition to throw the Peanut shells on the floor. - Which I might add
is/was great fun

Jan

---