Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Ken Blake

Default luggage locks

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:45:27 -0600, "singlemalt"
wrote:

My wife put a TSA approved luggage lock on her suitcase and it got caught on
something and ripped off the zippers. The airlines take no responsibility
for such damage and the cost of repair is worth more than the bag,
therefore, new bag. There was nothing in the bag that valuable to start
with. Think twice about putting a lock on your bag.

I agree entirely. Beside the point you make, luggage locks are
useless. They are toys. Any thief who has access to your bag can get
through one of those tiny locks with ease in a couple of seconds.

And if you use a bigger lock and make it harder for the thief, he'll
just cut the bag open, doing even more damage.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup