Old January 4th, 2010, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

[Default] On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 16:00:14 GMT, "neverwas"
offered the following words of wisdom:

almostbob wrote:
gravel roads, road trains, roos, completely different to what most
tourists have encountered b4, high likelihood of glass damage
but still more like buying the car again $230/week
$33/day isnt bad, for the rental co

Fair point (although I am not sure why road trains are a bigger risk
than French artics tail-gating me at 110 kph in the rain on the
autoroute).

Do NOT expect to find the same standard of roading in OZ as you enjoy
in Europe