Old April 17th, 2010, 01:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Up to your ash in problems....

On 4/17/10 8:05 AM, George Leppla wrote:
Lots and lots of people are missing their ships in Europe because of the
ban on flying due to volcanic ash from the Volcano in Iceland. Italy has
now stopped all flights... leaving much of Europe without air service of
any kind.

Travel Guard sent out a press release saying that this trip delay is
covered on all policies bought before April 13.

All in all, people seem to be taking it well... realizing that a volcano
eruption isn't anyone's fault. Still, I know I'd be terribly
disappointed if I had been planning a European vacation or cruise only
to have it canceled because of this.

Insurance can recover the money but not the disappointment.

Wonder if the QM2 is seeing any extra passengers, from the
"transportation" standpoint rather than the "vacation" standpoint?

What goes around, comes around... just like the old days... as the only
regularly scheduled ocean liner doing crossings, at least for some
places, once again, it's "THE ONLY WAY TO CROSS".

--Tom