Old May 29th, 2012, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Cruise Ships Financially Exploit Onshore Stores

On 5/28/2012 3:56 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:

Those stores have ruined Alaska and the Caribbean. I remember stopping
at some of the Caribbean Islands in the late 80's and early 90's and
they were wonderful. Now they are little more than water sports and
shopping centers. Sad.

We were in St. Croix on Celebrity Silhouette in December and it was
fairly undeveloped in the pier area. The big chains (whatever there is)
were in a city that was a good distance from the pier. I guess they do
not get enough ships to justify building a DI and the related chains.