Old November 10th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Eric Holeman

Default Hawaii-# of islands recommendations

In article ,
wrote:

We're thinking about skipping out on the big island and just going to Maui
and Kauai.

Each island-hop will burn most of a day by the time you account for
packing and unpacking, rental car, flying, etc. It would have to be a
long trip for me to consider going to more than two islands.

I haven't been to either Maui or Kauai, but was very satisfied with the
short time I spent on the Big Island. All but the NW corner seemed
pleasantly untouristed, and with all that land, there was plenty of
variety. And although some of the other islands now grow coffee, the Big
Island is still the only Hawaiian island where you can see lava hit the
water.

The catch is that it's the one island where driving distances can get to
be a hassle, but I felt it was worth the trip. I'd go back.
--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA