Old November 8th, 2003, 12:15 AM
freeda

Default Travelling to India with a laptop?

Hi I am generally unfamiliar with laptops. But I was thinking of
travelling
with an old 486DX laptop to India. I need to use word, outlook, and FTP to
transfer files from my laptop to internet.

My questions:

1. Would the power supply for US laptops work in India? Do I need to buy
additional equipment?

2. Would my 56k modem and rj11 jack work in Indian telephone lines?

3. Finally what sort of protective casing should I take to put the laptop
in, as I'll be travelling through trains and perhaps buses?

You have made a wise choice with you laptop. I don't think even the poorest
person in the world with nick it.