Old April 7th, 2007, 05:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

Default Norway

In article om,
" wrote:

On Mar 4, 11:42 am, "rmk" wrote:
Is the right place to get info on travelling to Norway. In July 2008 my wife
and I would like like to spend 2 to 3 weeks on a self guided tour of Norway.
Any suggestions or advice on how to start planning this trip would be much
appreciated.

You might consider taking one of the many coastal cruises of Norway,
since many of the major place of interest are on the West coast. Some
of these voyages are brief, while others take 2 weeks or more,
stopping at different ports in each direction, and going as far north
as the Russian border. Of particular interest is the town of Alesund,
which is charming for its art nouveau architecture (It was destroyed
in a fire at the end of the 19th century and rebuilt by the Kaiser of
Germany in the then contemporary style. He spent his vacations there)

You could combine the coastal journey of your choice with a bus or
train trip covering Oslo and some of the beautiful regions in the
interior of the country. LW

I took the Hurtigrute north and then flew back to Oslo from Kirkenes.
Wonderful trip!

--
Mary, biblioholic

bib-li-o-hol-ism : the habitual longing to purchase, read, store,
admire, and consume books in excess.

http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo