Old January 31st, 2010, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Laptop computers

Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:10:16 -0600, George Leppla
wrote:

Don't hang by your thumbs waiting for me to do a group on NCL. vbg

I never say never, but it isn't in the cards any time soon.

My impression, from reading comments here and on CruiseCritic, is that
NCL is not noticeably worse (or better) than the other mass market
cruise lines. They've gone down in quality, and NCL has gone up in
quality.

They don't handle problems well. Is that your reason for not liking
them, or is it something else?

The biggest reason is that I get more complaints about NCL from my
customers than all the other cruise lines put together. Food quality
(in the non-specialty restaurants) and service are the biggest areas of
complaint.

I have noted some improvement in the back-office part of the company and
that was much needed... and I have also read some reviews that indicate
that things might be improving on board the ships. I should go on an
NCL ship to see for myself and maybe later this year, I will.

There was a time when NCL was one of the top dogs in the cruise
industry. Just for the sake of competition, I would love to see them
improve to the point that they were comparable to Carnival, Royal
Caribbean, etc.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com