Old May 27th, 2006, 08:38 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Default Backpack recommendation for 3 month EuroTrip

On Sat, 27 May 2006 10:37:34 GMT, Scattershot@@@ wrote:
For one, the young lad has size 15 feet so carrying 2 extra-pairs of shoes
(1 dress shoes and one hiking shoes) will take up room.
Plus. there's the electronics (digital camera, cellphone, battery charger,
ipod for storing extra photos, rechargable batteries, etc.) and travel book.

I found a 75 litre pack to be fine for myself, but with the extra stuff he
is carrying I figure he'll need 85 litres or more to be safe...

My pack (Without the stow away straps) got snagged and tore off on a
conveyor belt btw...

The electronics should and really must fit into a day pack so they can be
carried on. Big packs like you are talking about will always be
checked. Wear the hiking boots when traveling with the main pack
since they are the largest item of footwear.

I think with those optimizations, and perhaps a little more care in
selecting what to pack, he can get by with a more reasonable sized pack.

If, not, here are a couple of suggestions.

Eagle Creek Grand Voyage
http://www.eaglecreek.com/10054.html

Jansport Mozambique
http://www.dmartstores.com/jamot0trpain.html