Old August 15th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Tchiowa

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Hatunen wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 03:43:58 -0700, "Tchiowa"
wrote:

Jordi wrote:
Tchiowa wrote:

Yup. In part. But they still have their passports. But my statement
still stands. Europeans travel "abroad" more than Americans because
damn near everything in Europe is "abroad" for Europeans? Brussels to
Amsterdam is a foreign trip. New York to LA isn't. Which is the greater
travel?

In terms of distance, it is, in cultural terms a trip from Athens to
Berlin is a greater 'distance'.

Nonsense. The difference in culture between New York City, San
Francisco, Miami, New Orleans are every bit as great.

Especially the languages.

Yes. Creole vs. Spanish.

The boundaries are there for a reason.

Hate, bigotry, a millienium of murder, how are those for starters?

I'd think you were talking about the USA if you hadn't said a
"millenium" We've only ahd some 500 years for it.

The US has no international boundaries therefore the point is
irrelevant. And don't forget that the vast majority of that violence in
the US over 500 years was committed by Europeans.

No, we're talking two completely different things. All this came after
you said more or less 'what's the use of holidays if people don't have
money to spend', Europeans do have enough money to keep a... say
'western' lifestyle without having to work 51 weeks a year, that's all.

But their "western" lifestyle is lower than American's.

In northern Europe? Not that I can see.

The average American *who is living in poverty* has a greater living
space (in his house or apartment) than the average European middle
class!

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/bg1796.cfm