Old August 28th, 2008, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

Default Renting an apt on the gold coast

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:28:24 -0700 (PDT),
"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to the gold coast for a month or two to do some
surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for wo months, i don't want to
be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel room, i'd like to find an
apartment to rent month to month, somewhere near the beach. anyone
know where on the web I can find listings for something like this or
where I should search? Looking to pay about 1k a month.

Thanks.

Try the "Holiday Rentals" sections of the popular real
estate companies; I've included a few links below. It may be
worth emailing them direct for the rates for a month or two
- quite common around here.

If you're into surfing and snorkelling consider the quieter
district south of the border - Kingscliff, Casuarina,
Cabarita (great surf beach), Pottsville. However, we don't
have the bright lights and night spots down here.

Note that rates will be much cheaper if you plan your months
to miss the School Holidays:
http://www.australia.gov.au/School_Term_Dates

The ones that matter are NSW, Victoria and Queensland; all
affect the Gold Coast prices.

Some (of the many) Real Estate offices that service the
district:

http://www.firstnational.com.au/
http://www.harcourts.com.au/
http://www.ljhooker.com.au/