Old September 7th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Dave Patterson

andrew wrote:

I love camping in the UK & so the idea of a tented camp is quite attractive.

Tented camps, as you see on their internet sites, are fixed tents,
many with landscaped grounds. Bathrooms inside and quite nice.
Really not 'camping' as we know it. But still can be fun.

The other question is what time of year?

I say avoid the period roughly from late March through
to mid-May. Rains are heavier and sometimes make roads
within the preserves either impassable, or very difficult.

You are right about Kenya for value. And the wildlife is
predictably good.