Old December 10th, 2004, 12:08 AM

I just got back from the 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Voyager of
the Seas that left the same day as your cruise from Miami. I think
your complaints about the entertainment probably have a lot to do with
the cruise director. The shows on our ship were pretty good for the
most part. I wasn't expecting broadway quality though because if these
people were broadway quality, they'd be on broadway. They were
entertaining and mostly impressive though nonetheless. The cruise
director was great and super high energy making everybody laugh.

Your complaint about the music selection seems the opposite of what
there was on our ship. There was a disco night, music through the ages
night with 50's, 60's, and 70's, and lots of other opportunities to
dance to different kinds of music.

I was surprised that you never saw your stateroom attendant. We saw
ours almost daily and he was always all smiles and friendly. He also
had my wife's side of the bed fixed immediately when she mentioned
about it slanting down in the middle a bit.

Our waiter's were also very friendly and always smiling. One was South
American or Puerto Rican and the other was Jamaican guy about 6'6" and
always happy-go-lucky. I did notice that some of the waiters were not
so friendly though. Maybe we just got lucky in all of this. When you
consider the tips these guys get though every week, I'm sure they have
plenty of money to send home to their families or enjoy themselves.

The drink guys were funny I thought. They didn't bother me at all. I
found myself saying (in a Jamaican accent) "Aaahlright, sippin' time
sippin' time", "sip n' smile, sip n' smile".

All in all, I would recommend Royal Caribbean and a Voyager class ship
to anyone. Celebrity Cruises is owned by Royal Caribbean's parent
company so I'm surprised the quality of workers is any different at all.