Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
parklandgroupohio parklandgroupohio is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPSinha View Post
I am going to experiment with doing away with checked luggage and try
traveling with just one carry-on. This will be for a few weeks, a few
countries, everything from planes and trains to back country buses.
So this bag needs to be pretty versatile: strong, light, easy to
organize etc, and resistant to dust and water.
A one-bag travel is best for vacations that are of short duration, because you would not need to bring a lot of things. But before deciding if you'd only have one carry on, check the airlines' policy on how much weight is allowed. Some airlines have a weight limit and some even have size requirements.

For carry-ons, I'd go for bags that have shoulder straps. If your hand gets sore from holding too much weight, you can use the strap so your hands can rest. And you don't have to put your bag down when you need to sign something.