Old June 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe 4 days trip

In article 22a2daef-49c6-4f2d-8f1c-bede3a09a607
@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com, THM says...
Hi folks,
just wanna gather some info about Japan as I have no idea.
I'll be there in late August. What kind of accomodation do you
recommend travelling as a couple?
What are must see in the area and what to do for nightlife?

See my Japan travelogue:
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Japan/2007/

You didn't mention what your budget is, but essentially there is decent
accomodation in hotels starting at 6000-8000 yen/night. You can however
easily spend more than that.

August should be very hot.

I would skip Osaka and Kobe and instead focus on Kyoto and Nara. You
might spend half a day or so in Osaka however. The castle in Himeji is
nice (doable as a day trip from Kyoto by shinkansen).
--

Alfred Molon