Old May 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

Default New 5 Euro notes

On 5/15/2013 5:25 PM, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 22:16:22 +0200, Tom P wrote:

On 05/15/2013 06:41 PM, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 18:27:33 +0200, Tom P wrote:

On 05/13/2013 06:33 PM, tim...... wrote:
well they kept that quiet,

Hands up who knew these were coming (and have now arrived)?

tim

Saw the first one today.

Forged or real? :-)

The cashier at the supermarket showed me one to look at and feel (the
banknote, that is). I offered to take it down to the bank and check if
it was genuine, but she declined ;=)

1 and 2 cent Euro coins are the next to go according to our local
newspaper.

Yep, I tip out the contents of my purse every few days and put all the
small change in a jar. Every few months when the jar gets too heavy to
carry I lug the whole lot down to the savings bank, they've got a
machine where you tip the stuff in, it goes chug chug chug and spits out
a receipt. It's amazing how much you can get together.

Keep an eye on any UK banknotes that you have. They seem to have built
in obsolescence.

I am against weighting down my pockets with coins and refuse to carry a
purse. I dump any coins I receive into a jar at night and take them to
my bank, which has a free counting machine, about once a month. I try to
use a credit card for most purchases.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.