Old July 31st, 2004, 03:42 PM

Default Couple more questions... HAL's new tipping policy.

...Perhaps I missed something, but.... The way I understand it.... If
one prefers to tip individually, the crew member must put the money in a
"common" pot if "HE" knows that the cruiser has had the 10 bucks per day
removed from his account. ...However... The cruiser supposedly cannot
have the added "tip??" charge removed from his account (if he so
desires), until the last day of the cruise.
...So how would this work, as even now, everyone (who does tip), does so
before receiving his final "disputable" bill ?
...So you end up tipping the dining room staff etc., as per usual.
....Then, they turn their tips in (Or hold them upfront) until they know
for sure you haven't had the automatic charges removed on the morning of
your departure ?? ...I think not; nobody's that honest.

...And what about room service? ...We always tip 2 or 3 bucks for the
morning coffee delivery, or for a sandwich delivered at night. ...Does
the crew man have to turn this money into a common pot too? ...Jon