Old October 6th, 2011, 10:26 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Prague or Monaco for a flying visit...

On Oct 6, 9:22*am, "]v[etaphoid" wrote:
Hey campers,

I stayed up last night taking advantage of some dirt-cheap offers from Qatar
Airways to fly to Europe for the equivalent of $900 US. By local standards,
that's about half what it cost and gives me a great opportunity to take
advantage of a $5,000 cruise voucher I won from Princess Cruises while I'm
over there.

Long story short, I've got 6 days to kill in Europe before the cruise
departs Rome. I've narrowed my choices to two options;

a) Fly into Nice in Southern France, spend a couple of days in Monaco,
before spending 3-4 days driving down the west coast of Italy through
Genova/ Pisa and the rest of the Italian xxx coast before arriving in Rome.

b) Fly into Prague, spend two-three days there before another flight into
Rome where we could spend a bit more time seeing the sites of Roma, if not
anywhere else in Italy.

We've already done the UK and France, so really want to experience a
different side of Europe. Would love to hear thoughts from any seasoned
travellers.

Well, if you've 'done' France surely it makes more sense to now
experience Italy, and Rome's sights are well ahead of anything in
Monaco!
It's also further south re the weather at this time of year!